Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sometimes it sucks to be me

My paying, day-to-day job is working as a claims manager at a local auto insurance company. About 6 weeks ago the management team was informed that our corporate office had decided to "reduce staffing" in our office. This was going to impact every level within the claims department from support staff to managers. I've had to spend the better part of the last six weeks going over the numbers and reworking staffing models all the while not even sure if I was going to be a part of the company's future. I've had to work with people everyday knowing that some of them were going to be "separated" from the company and they didn't have a clue. It was only just a few days ago that I learned that I was "safe" and would be retained. Today was D-Day. I had to meet with eleven people from my department that I've been working with closely for the past several years and deliver the bad news to them. I had to spend the evening, after everyone else had gone home for the day, packing up the personal belongings of those who had been "impacted" by the company's "reorganization" earlier in the day--they were not allowed to return to their desks. Today sucked.

1 comments:

yakobus said...

so no one keyed your car? that's something to be thankful for....